- When is enrollment for this course?
Because this course is self-paced, you may enroll and begin at anytime. Back to top
- How long after I send in my application will I be able to start the course?
Once all your application materials are received, I will begin to process them. If accepted, you will receive confirmation usually within 3-5 working days. You will receive your Welcome Letter by e-mail with further instructions for registering on the Student Work Page (the "classroom"). After you register there, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your account has been activated, and you may begin the course at that time. Back to top
- What books are used in this course and how much do they cost?
We use three books for this course:
1) The Professional Activity Manager and Consultant by Anne D'Antonio-Nocera
2) Essentials for the Activity Professional in Long Term Care by Susan Lanza
3) Aging and the Life Course 5th Ed. by Jill Quadagno (used for the Basic Course only)
The purchase price for all new books is approximately $330.00, however, you can often find used copies at www.amazon.com or www.half.com. Back to top
- If I already work in activities, do I still have to do practicum hours?
Yes, however, if your supervisor agrees, you may do your practicum hours during your regular work hours. You would log your time spent working on things for the class. Back to top
- Will this course make me certified?
No, this course will qualify you in most states, but you will need to meet additional requirements to become certified. This is only one requirement towards national certification. See www.nccap.org for more information about certification. Back to top
- Can I just take one part of the course, or do I need to take the entire MEPAP?
You can register for the Basic Course or Advanced Management course separately, or you can register for the combined course which includes both. The Basic Course is a prerequisite for the Advanced Management course. Note that in order to be nationally certified through NCCAP, you will need both the Basic and Advanced Management courses. If you only wish to be qualified in your state, the Basic Course will cover that. Back to top
- What forms of payment are accepted?
I accept checks or money orders made out to "Activity Pro CDC," or you can pay with direct debit or credit card through Pay Pal. I do not do purchase orders at this time, nor can I bill you. Back to top
- When does this class meet?
This class meets for on-line chats Tuesdays at 9:00 pm Eastern. These chats are one hour long, and are a mandatory part of the course. Back to top
- How long do I have to finish this course?
Students enrolled in either the Basic or Advanced Management courses must complete their course within 12 months of thir start date. Students enrolled in the Combined Course must complete it within 18 months. If, at the end of this time, the student has not completed their course work, they may opt to re-enroll for an additional three months for a $50 fee. Back to top